Sunday, June 3, 2012

Celebration within Guided Creature-ness


The idea presented in this weeks study on guidance that dug deep in my heart was the section "God became a creature."  The idea of Jesus being the Son of God and God incarnate, God literally in the same flesh as we know.  I look down at my own hand and see the blue veins, finger prints, dirt, and scars and am floored that the same flesh I am granted life in is the same flesh our Lord came to the earth in!  Bazinga!  It is something that I don't even attempt to admit to wrap my brain around because I, and venture to say that we all, lack the capabilities to truly understand what God in flesh looks like, feels like, even sounds like for you auditory people!  What a call to celebration that our God became flesh and befriended, encourage, model, and challenged like no other in our same flesh!  Its time to celebrate people!

"What is this then but saying of such consequence was it to the happiness of man that he should know how to behave himself as a creature, that it was necessary the Creator should take a created nature, and come Himself to show how to wear it?  Thus one of the many known reasons of the sublime mystery of Incarnation was that the Creator Himself might show the creature how he should behave as a creature..."

No comments:

Post a Comment