Monday, November 26, 2012

Ponderings

I have been reflecting on my summer the last few weeks and just trying to understand what is was that made is so amazing and so life changing. We always use the terms laughter and tears to describe the summer with the understanding that no one else will understand unless they have experienced the same thing. If you guys even check the blog to read this, you may think that I am crazy for attempting to put words to it, however, its what my mind does.
Over the summer, we were faced with a constant theme of God telling us our own stories through the stories of our campers and fellow staff. This got me thinking about this aspect of how our stories are a part of His greater story, and this is when it struck me. The reason this summer, and well every summer, was so amazing and life changing was because God was telling us our story, teaching us with those we are serving as well as serving with. But not only was God telling us our story, He was also dictating it in the sense of what we were doing, as it would flow out of our being, was usually an extension of His will and our recognition of that fact. Unfortunately, at least for me, but maybe for you as well, this is not how I live everyday life, in recognition of what God is doing through me and how He is using me because it is not nearly as easy to recognize.
I will be honest, these are just thoughts that I am writing here, not scripture and probably not nearly as revelational as one would want them to be. In fact, I believe it to be quite that simple, or in essence to say that there is no clear, precise way to say what happened this summer. Yes this does mean that I was not as successful in my pondering as I would like, but I shall put it out there and maybe one of you will be able to take it somewhere that I could not foresee.

No comments:

Post a Comment