Friday, June 8, 2012

Campers are Coming!

Campers hit the docks in t-minus 4 days!!! Now thats a call for celebration. I really struggle with celebration as a part of my daily disciplines but with the renewing of my thought process to view everyone as a Child of God created in His image, I find myself overflowing with joy. I catch myself using the words brother and sister more often and focusing on the fact that this is only a mere glimpse of the celebration in heaven. How cool is that?

Guidance: I think the big take away for me in this section was that I am created, not the creator. I know that this is such a basic truth, but I find myself acting as though I am the creator and I constantly need to humble myself and remember that my "sole end is loving the creator and serving Him from the motive of love"

Worship: to know me is to know that I cannot sing, but it is something I do often. Somehow my lack of talent has caused me to sing louder and more than the average person. This is why when I think of worship I think of my playlist that I jam to or the songs stuck in my head. I love the idea that worship can be more than just lifting my voice, it is a daily act of loving God and doing everything I can to promote His kingdom.
See you all soon!
-Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment